Open Access and Peer-reviewed
Home Journal Issues Guide for Authors Editorial Board Aims & Scope About Journal News & Announcements


Research Article 


Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies

Dr S J Nikam.

Abstract
The present paper reviews a very recent studies on the phonology of English and the application of questionnaires in phonetic studies. A survey was done to review the scope of pronunciation in different groups of learners, so with respect to urban students and rural students. The research also aimed to examine the students' beliefs and attitudes toward their English Pronunciation and whether computer-assisted language learning (CALL) activities improve their pronunciation. The survey was also intended to get some opinions on whether it is logical to use different accents in the pronunciation of phonetic instructions. The learners were from different colleges of urban and rural areas. The study was conducted at urban colleges and rural colleges. The data collected in the survey was by using questionnaires on pronunciation. The questionnaires will have different questions. The questionnaire contains the questions on the students' beliefs and attitudes toward their English Pronunciation and whether computer-assisted language learning (CALL). The main concern will be based on issues with pronunciation so that teachers can know where they need to bid when they are teaching. The questionnaire had ten questions, which were open-ended and closed-ended. One hundred and fifty students from different colleges took part in the survey, where 56% of the participants were the urban students, while the remaining 44% were the student from rural colleges.

Key words: pronunciation, survey, speech recognition and computer-assisted language learning (CALL)


 
ARTICLE TOOLS
Abstract
PDF Fulltext
How to cite this articleHow to cite this article
Citation Tools
Related Records
 Articles by Dr S J Nikam
on Google
on Google Scholar


How to Cite this Article
Pubmed Style

Dr S J Nikam. Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. EEO. 2021; 20(5): 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352


Web Style

Dr S J Nikam. Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. http://ilkogretim-online.org//?mno=66306 [Access: April 09, 2021]. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352


AMA (American Medical Association) Style

Dr S J Nikam. Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. EEO. 2021; 20(5): 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



Vancouver/ICMJE Style

Dr S J Nikam. Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. EEO. (2021), [cited April 09, 2021]; 20(5): 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



Harvard Style

Dr S J Nikam (2021) Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. EEO, 20 (5), 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



Turabian Style

Dr S J Nikam. 2021. Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. Elementary Education Online, 20 (5), 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



Chicago Style

Dr S J Nikam. "Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies." Elementary Education Online 20 (2021), 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



MLA (The Modern Language Association) Style

Dr S J Nikam. "Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies." Elementary Education Online 20.5 (2021), 3231-3234. Print. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352



APA (American Psychological Association) Style

Dr S J Nikam (2021) Teaching Pronunciation to Undergraduate Students: An Application of Questionnaires in Phonetic Studies. Elementary Education Online, 20 (5), 3231-3234. doi:10.17051/ilkonline.2021.05.352








AUTHOR LOGIN

REVIEWER LOGIN

Indexed
&
Abstracted


Indexing

İlköğretim Online (IOO) - Elementary Education Online (EEO) is indexed in:


ABOUT JOURNAL
POLICIES
STATEMENTS